This award will go to the profitable business which has increased its potential over the latest financial year, the size and age of the business will be considered against its financial performance.
The judges will be interested in innovative products, services and processes as well as expansion into new markets and different areas of business activity. In addition the judges would like to know more about the ‘personality’ of the business; the qualities which make the business successful.
Companies entering this category must have an annual turnover of less than £2m or employ fewer than 25 people.
Audited accounts will need to be submitted – all such information will be treated in absolute confidence.
- Why should your business win Small Business of the Year?
- Outline the development and growth of your business from its date of establishment.
- Provide details on the following aspects of your business: Products/ services, Markets/customers, Competitors, Organisation/personnel
- Give details of business growth, turnover and profit.
- What market share do you hold? What are your plans for new market development? What are your export achievements?
- What new products/services are you developing? What are your new production methods? Explain your research and development of these new areas.
- Give details on your success measurement/s for the following: Management and leadership, Marketing, Quality standards, Employees, Financial, stock and production controls
- Particular Achievements over the last 12 months
- Commitment to Gloucestershire
- Any other matters of significance
- Please enclose a copy of your company’s latest accounts with your submission.