Open to young entrepreneurs building their own business or employees that have had an outstanding impact on the successes of a larger organisation.
Either way, applicants will need to demonstrate ambition, energy, skill and vision, as well as tangible business success.
Applicants will be judged on their personal involvement in the company’s growth or expansion, its move into new products, services, markets, or new areas of business activity.
Entrants should be aged 35 or under as of 1st January 2018 and be in a position directly responsible for profitability.
- Why should you win Young Business Person of the Year?
- Outline your career to date providing details of further education and professional qualifications etc.
- Briefly state your company’s business activities, its products/services, company size, and turnover and profitability. Also, give details on your role within the company and your areas of responsibility.
- To what extent have you been responsible for achieving improved financial performance?
- In non-financial terms what contribution/s have you made to the development of the business? i.e. product/service development, improved manufacturing methods, market position, introduction of quality standards/initiatives, training activities etc.
- What personal characteristics do you feel have made you successful?
- Provide details on any activities you are involved in outside of your business life showing the relevance to Gloucestershire or the local community.
- Any other matters of significance