Lilian Faithfull Care is a charity providing care, support and a ‘home for life’ to the elderly in Gloucestershire. We were established in 1946 by our namesake, Lilian Faithfull and we have remained true to the founding principles of the charity; a desire to improve the lives of others through care and dedication.
Now caring for over 300 residents across several sites in the County, employing 450 of the most incredible and committed people you could wish for, we are one of the largest providers of social care in the Gloucestershire.
At Lilian Faithfull Care we believe in;
- Putting care before profit – as a charity we own our homes and are able to run them differently from commercial providers.
- Taking pride in looking after those who have already given so much.
- Ensuring dignity, showing respect and adopting a person-centred approach to every single resident that lives with us.
- Having plenty of fully trained staff on duty, providing support and putting up the wages of those doing one of the most important jobs in society.
- Providing food that is nutritional and of excellent quality that we would want to eat.
- Reinvesting any financial surplus we make for the benefit of our residents. As a charity we are governed by an experienced Board of Trustees and have no shareholders.
The Charity has become one of the most well known in the County from a process of not being afraid to champion the care sector and not be frightened of putting ourselves out there in front of the press and public – shouting about the incredible work we do. We are not shy of promoting “We are in care for the right reasons – not for profit”